Design Your Personal Brand Presence By Diya Asrani is a self help book that focuses on building your brand presence.
It gives you anecdotes about the brand imaging from the professionals in the industry. It gives you small stories from the author’s life that would better your understanding.
- Please introduce yourself to our readers!
Hey, I’m Diya Asrani, a personal branding coach, artist, trainer, speaker and founder of Design Your Presence™. I started my training and coaching career in 2011, when I quit Textile Designing and realised that I want to help people build their presence and become confident in what they do. Even with the fear of public speaking, I took the leap of faith and soon became a well-known trainer and speaker at many known companies while I also continued working on becoming a powerful presenter in the industry. Through my experience in working with many clients, I realised that there was one common challenge that most people face – building a presence that attracts clients towards them.
In my quest for learning, growing and nurturing my clients, I got landed two lucrative jobs one after the other starting from 2014, that helped me dive deep into the concept of building a brand presence. That’s when I understood that it’s the way we express ourselves authentically, that brings out the true essence of our own presence. That got me excited and I started diving deeper into the concept of Personal Branding – A mix of one’s image and personality, along with the willingness to share their knowledge while being of service to others.
- When did you start writing?
I started writing this book in 2019.
- How did you segregate the valuable information written in your book to the vast information that the internet provides?
Well, I believe that we learn from many sources. But the 2 most valuable sources of information are 1. Our experiences and 2. The people we connect with. I enjoyed merging my stories, my strong coaching skills along with insightful interviews that I did with successful coaches in the industry wherein the valuable information is untouchable and makes the reader literally learn on the go. Every single chapter in the book has a takeaway that makes the reader want to take action.
- When did it dawn upon you that you wanted to become an author and write a book?
Ever since I started my own business in 2017, I always felt that I should write a book someday. It was always a dream to be an Author but I didn’t really take it up until end of 2019 when I started realising that as a trainer and coach, I need to share my story and let people know the importance of their own presence in the industry. Things got more intense after the pandemic hit India in 2020 and this gave me the opportunity to take time off from my routine and actually make this dream come true.
- Could you please present an insight of your book?
Design Your PERSONAL BRAND Presence is a book that every entrepreneur, service professional or knowledge giver should read. I have approached it in a simple and personalized way to drive the concept of Personal Branding with a combination of my own stories, coachable steps to take and also insightful interview snippets from India’s leading coaches. This book is a guiding light for readers who are seeking to learn, apply and understand the concept of building one’s presence. The book solves the problem of how to market one’s own presence that attracts clients towards them.
- Tell us about your first published book journey.
The journey has been quite a ride. A magical one to be honest. When I started writing this book, I was just all over the place! Initially it was quite an exciting experience to summarize so many stories, concepts and ideas together to make it a tool that works for readers. But then once I realised that there is a process behind writing a book and it should be done one step at a time, I gradually started enjoying writing it. Thoughts would just flow, and I would put myself in my reader’s shoes and read the chapters again and again till I was convinced that it would actually help them.
The most memorable part of building the story of this book was my interviews with some of the best leaders in the industry. I had a chance to connect with people like Siddharth Rajsekar, Puja Puneet and Rajiv Talreja – all fabulous leaders in their respective industries. This got me to add another perspective to each chapter.
At first the book looked like a simple, straight forward script on branding. But once I connected the dots and matched my story, the actions and the interviews together, everything started looking more and more promising.
While writing this book I learned a lot about myself as well because as a coach, your job is to be of service to people. But once you pen down your thoughts, you realise that more than just serving people, it is YOU as the brand.
- Do you read books? If yes, than which genre of books you admire the most?
Yes, I love non-fiction books which are related to Business, branding and self-development.
- Who’s your favourite author?
There are many. But my current favourite is Seth Godin! Absolutely love how he writes.
- Who’s your constant support throughout your writing journey and do you look up to someone?
My constant support has been my parents and husband.
- Why did you feel it necessary to write this book or was it just to help youth readers who might be interested in brand imaging and entrepreneurship?
Apart from sharing the concept of Personal Branding, I felt it was necessary to write this book so that people know that any dream can be accomplished if you make it happen. The reason why this book is important is because it will make readers take action on the way.
- Do you think creating a mark of own presence is still a tedious process as it was for the then beginners like yourself?
Well to be honest, it’s not a tedious process when you learn to keep it simple and follow someone who has been successful at building their own presence. The reason why beginner entrepreneurs find it hard is because they aren’t willing to invest in learning further and they focus on what’s not important. Everyone starts from point zero. Only when they move forward can they reach point 10!
- Who’s your favourite author and writer on any writing platform?
Apart from Seth Godin, I also love how Marie Forleo writes her content. I also love her book “Everything Is Figureoutable”
- When you were writing the book did you notice any points around your professional field that had evolved through the years or any such piece of knowledge that come to use in today’s time of pandemic?
Yes, while I was researching there were a few evident points that made me dive deeper into my topic :
- Building an online brand presence is important for your business’s growth
- Earlier the company brand was more important. But now people connect with person who owns the company first, then the company itself.
- The need to stand out in the industry has become the no. 1 priority for my entrepreneurs because competition is increasing specially online.
- Your personal brand is a mix of you and your story. People prefer listening to a story that’s relatable, rather than just another piece of information overload.
- According to you, How much importance does book promotions hold?
It is important to promote a book so that it reaches larger audience. Nowadays everyone wants to author a book and become the authority in their niche. A book is used as a tool to attract leads while also a way to express the author’s point of view in that particular topic.
- How do you manage your personal and professional life along with your writing passion?
Oh I love it! I enjoy creating content, sharing value, building my community while living a freedom-based lifestyle. I feel its important to create harmony between my professional and personal life for my own well being. I make sure my day starts with a morning routine of “me time” – Yoga, Meditation, gratitude and reading. When it comes to my professional life, I follow the 4 day work week to strike that balance between my personal and professional life. As an entrepreneur sometimes it is tough to strike a balance, specially when most of us are working from home, but once we know our boundaries, it is a beautiful feeling of balance that comes naturally without trying too hard.
- What’s your thought about reading ? How does reading impact your life?
Reading is an amazing habit if one wants to be a continuous learner. It makes you wiser, more well-versed and also opens your mind to new ideas and concepts effortlessly. I believe that it’s always good to hear other people’s perspectives and the best way to do so is to read what they write.
Reading also stimulates your creative juices and that’s one of the reasons why I have built the habit.
- What are your future plans? Are there new surprises stored for our readers?
They say don’t share your plans before they crystalise. I believe I’m a constant work in progress and that makes me a bag full of surprises! So, follow me on social media and you can be a part of my world of surprises
- Lastly, would you like to share something to our readers?
Definitely. I would like to say one thing – If you have a mission to help many people, start now. Always remember that somebody, somewhere needs your help and I know you have it in you to make a difference.
Connect with the Author at :